News

Natalie wins at Flickerfest 2021

Warmest congratulations to a member of our Class of 2020 Natalie Leroy, whose wonderful 3.5 minute film Mind of My Own / Journey won Best High School Animation at Flickerfest 2021 last Saturday night at Bondi Pavilion.

Selected out of 26 finalists for Flickerfest, Mind of My Own / Journey was also selected late last year for ARTEXPRESS 2021, as it was in fact Natalie’s HSC 2020 Visual Arts body of work. As part of ARTEXPRESS, the short animation will be exhibited at the New England Regional Art Museum (NERAM) and Margaret Whitlam Galleries.

Natalie says of her film: ‘In my body of work, I take the viewer on a journey through my world. I use animation to distort the everyday and challenge the audience’s conceptualisation of their surroundings. By juxtaposing realistic aspects with the imaginative, I show the interaction of objects and ideas that are beyond the ordinary.’

Congratulations also to Ascham’s Visual Arts Department who supported Natalie and all other Art students through their creative process.

Watch Natalie’s film here:

Recent News

Filter by:
Ascham School