[]

News

International talent in our boarding community

In Ascham boarding, we are lucky enough to count several international students as part of our community. Our girls who herald from countries outside of Australia bring invaluable linguistic and cultural wealth to our School, as well as many special talents. Year 9 student Elaine Ho is an extremely talented painter, and here she tells us a little about what she likes to do on holiday when she heads home.

‘As an international boarder from Hong Kong, my holiday activities include Chinese painting—one of the world’s oldest continuous artistic traditions. There are three main categories in Chinese painting: landscape, flower-and-bird, and figure painting. My specialty is landscape painting.

‘I painted the three peonies especially for Chinese New Year. The Chinese believe these flowers bring good fortune; my family put the painting on the door of our home to bring good luck for the coming year. I have been doing Chinese painting since Year 1 and I always have lessons when I go home for the holidays.’

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us, Elaine!

Elaine Ho NEWS international boarder BODY COPY photo 1  Elaine Ho NEWS international boarder BODY COPY photo 2

Recent News

Filter by:
Ascham School